The Cadillac® CDIS Remote display, also known as a BTU Energy meter, is designed to provide a local, wall or panel mounted display, for the Cadillac® CV-P, CV-HS, CV-U Vortex MASS flow meters in a saturated steam or fixed pressure gas flow application. The BTU meter display shares the same electronics platform and configuration architecture as the HEATX Energy / BTU Meter, providing the end user the same look and feel for either device. This BTU meter display is a rate and totalizing device, which is capable of calculating and displaying Volume, MASS, and Energy. Combined with Cadillac’s superior flow meter technologies the CDIS provides the most accurate, repeatable, and maintenance free energy system available in the industry.
The CDIS BTU Energy meter remote display with receive the compensated or MASS Pulse output from one the Cadillac® CV Vortex style meters, and will display, and retransmit (if desired) the Energy, consumed.
The New Industry Standard
Combined with Cadillac®’s superior flow meter technologies the CDIS BTU Energy Meter has quickly become acknowledged as the industry standard. Customers choose the Cadillac® CDIS remote display because of proven: Accuracy, dependability, consistency, low maintenance, reliability, and rangeability.Expand All | Collapse All
Cadillac® CDIS BTU Energy Meter – Applications
The Cadillac® CDIS BTU / Energy Meter is the meter of choice for energy applications. This meter can be applied effectively for the following purposes:
- Energy consumption data source for energy management system, DCS, district-wide systems.
- Energy-Customer Billing from accurately totalized Energy / MASS measurements.
- Basis for internal cost distribution using campus-wide systems.
- Efficiency measuring and monitoring from central control rooms.
- Direct Energy / MASS measurements at both Boiler and “point of use” locations.
Cadillac® CDIS BTU Energy Meter – Features
The Cadillac® CDIS BTU / Energy Meter is the meter of choice for energy applications. This meter contains the following features:
- Display Options: Rate, Total, and accumulated Total
- Fully Programmable: K-Factor, Decimal point positions, filter constants and time base are all user programmable.
- Non-Linearity Correction: Available with 10 point linearization allows for input correction to non-linear K-factors or frequency inputs.
- Solid State Relay Outputs: Where two separate registers totalize positive and negative totals.
Cadillac® CDIS BTU Energy Meter – Operation Principles
The principle of operation for the Cadillac® CDIS BTU Energy meter is outlined in the diagram.
The CDIS remote BTU energy display takes the signal from the flow device then provides the calculations required to convert and provide customizable energy display and output measurement with user defined units and scaling.
Inputs: Pulse from flow meter (CMAG, EMAG, CV, CU)
Outputs: (2) Pulse (Open Collector) or (1) 4-20 mADC
Display: Provides instantaneous rate, Resettable Total, Accumulated Total